Effective Date: May 1, 2022
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.
Important note - Our Notice of Privacy Practices (https://atria.org/privacy-practices/) is a separate document that governs how medical information about you may be used and disclosed in connection with the health care services in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”).
2. Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information You Provide
- Registration & Account Information. When you register with Atria, interact with or use the Platform, we collect contact information such as your full name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, as well as other personal identifiers you provide, including, but not limited to, your date of birth, social security number, or demographic information such as your gender, occupation, industry, personal interests.
- Log In Credential Information. When you register with Atria, we also collect information such as Platform login credentials to your Platform account, and the Platform login credentials for any associated or linked account (e.g., family members or dependents who may also access the Platform).
- Billing and Collection Information. We collect billing information such as your name, postal address, credit card or bank account information in order to provide services on the Platform, including when you register for a membership with Atria, or purchase products. When you provide or update your payment processing information, we transmit the payment via an encrypted connection to a third-party credit card processor. Atria does not collect or store your full credit card details.
- Household Information. You may also provide us with information about others in your household that may receive services when using our Platform, including household member names, dates of birth, and other information.
- Communication Information. When you connect with us and the health care providers of our affiliated professional entities and pharmacy (each a “Health Care Provider”), we collect certain contact and other communication-related information you provide such as your phone number, e-mail address, voice message, chat and call history. We also collect records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses) if you contact us, such as when you report a problem with our Platform or other services. To enhance your user experience, Atria uses a third party to enable chat communications. In doing so, we also collect your chat ID from the third-party chat platform.
- Medical or Health Information. In order to render services to you, Health Care Providers collect certain health-related information about you, including protected health information (“PHI”). This information may include your physical or psychological state of health, medical conditions, genetic information, disease state, medical history, or medical treatment or diagnosis by a health care professional, and medical chart history including labs, vitals, and chief complaints for current and past health care visits or similar information that you provide.
- Quantified self-metric information. You may elect to share health-related information with us from other third-party mobile applications, including, but not limited to, Apple Health and Fitbit. With your consent, Atria may disclose health-related information with other third-party mobile applications that you interact with. For information on how to disable the sharing of health-related information between Atria and third-party mobile applications, please review the “Choices About How We Use And Disclose Your Information” section below.
- Other Information. We may collect other Personal Information we specifically request or you voluntarily provide.
You are not required to provide us with any Personal Information that we request from you. However, failure to provide such information may limit what we are able to do for you. For example, refusing to provide your e-mail address may prevent us from providing you with important information about the Platform and our services.
Information We Collect Automatically
As you navigate through and interact with the Platform, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Platform Store Information. Platform Store purchase information, including when the Platform was downloaded and stored and your mobile ID.
- Device Information. When you interact with and use our Platform, we receive information about your device, which may include your web browser type, operating system version, mobile device model, device manufacturer and model, language and regional settings, your Internet Service Provider (ISP), and unique device identifiers.
- Usage Information. We automatically receive information about your interactions with our Platform including details of your visits to our Platform, traffic data, location data, logs, language, date and time of access, frequency and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Platform.
- Details of referring websites (URL). We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
- Location Data. We infer your location from information we collect (for example, your IP address can be used by us to indicate the general geographic region from which you are connecting to the Internet). We aggregate and anonymize your location data at the regional level. We may use location information to provide you with notifications, or other content that is influenced by your location.
Cookies, SDKs and Other Technologies
When you use our Website, or Mobile Web Platform, we and our third-party service providers may collect information from you through cookies, software development kits (SDKs), web beacons, web server logs, and similar technologies. Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by website owners to make their websites work, better understand how site visitors use the website, and provide more targeted content to its site visitors. SDKs are a set of tools that provides a developer with the ability to build a custom Platform which can be added on, or connected to, another program. SDKs allow us to develop web applications for a specific platform.
Cookies created and set by the Website owner (i.e., Atria) are called “first-party cookies.” Cookies created and set by parties other than Atria are called “third-party cookies.” We use first and third-party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our Website to operate and we refer to these as “strictly necessary” cookies. In addition, third-party cookies help us to see which areas and features are popular and to count visits to our Website.
We use single-session (temporary) cookies. Temporary cookies last only as long as your web browser is open and are used for technical purposes such as enabling better navigation on our Platform. Once you close your browser, the cookie disappears. We also may use multi-session (persistent) cookies on our Website. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer or device for longer periods and are used for purposes including session management (for example, to recognize you and recall your individual login information and preferences) and tracking the number of unique visitors to our Website and information such as the number of views a page gets, how much time a user spends on a page, and other pertinent web statistics. This information identifies your web browser to our servers when you visit the Website and also helps us to remember your preferences from session to session to provide an enhanced user experience.
We also collect information using web beacons (also referred to as gifs and pixels), alone or in conjunction with cookies. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you viewed a particular website or service tied to the web beacon, and a description of a website or service tied to the web beacon. For example, we may place web beacons in marketing e-mails that notify us when you click on a link in the e-mail that directs you to our Website. We use web beacons to understand usage, and to operate and improve our Platform and e-mail communications.
For more information on the cookies and similar technologies we use and how you can manage them, please review the “Choices About How We Use And Disclose Your Information” section below.
3. How We Use Your Personal Information
Atria may use your information, including Personal Information, we collect for a variety of reasons, including the following:
- To provide you with services, such as connecting you with a Health Care Provider.
- For treatment, payment, or health care operations purposes, and to complete any transaction you request through the Platform.
- To communicate with you about our services and information, and other services that you may request from us or that we may provide (which may include telephone, voice-mail, e-mail, chat, or notifications within the Platform).
- To administer your account, including processing your payments.
- To periodically notify you about changes to our Platform or any services we offer or provide through it.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of communications (including advertising) that we send to you and others, and to deliver relevant communications to you and to provide you with communications from Atria, surveys, newsletters and other information.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To understand user behavior and optimize Platform performance.
- To create and use de-identified information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as aggregate statistics relating to the use of our service.
- To help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our Platform and services.
- To operate the Platform and perform any services associated with the Platform, including providing you with technical support and to improve the Platform and our services.
- To investigate and respond to suspected illegal activities or fraud.
- To comply with applicable federal, state, and other laws and regulations and respond to law enforcement requests or other valid legal requests and as required by applicable law, court order or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information.
- For any other purpose with your consent or authorization (where legally required).
4. How We Disclose Your Personal Information
- Health Care Providers. Your Information may be shared with Health Care Providers, including their representatives or other parties who require such information, and other health care providers to provide you with health and medical services.
- Affiliates; Other Parties. We may share your information, including your Personal Information within the Platform, to our affiliates, business partners, employees and other parties who require such information to assist us with establishing, maintaining, and managing our business relationship with you.
- Service Providers. We may share your information, including your Personal Information with third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf, including to maintain, improve, and optimize of our Platform. Such services may include for example, interactive communication services that assist with chat and functions, payment processing, data analytics providers, e-mail deliver, and auditing; Platform functionality services that assist with monitoring outages and intrusion detection; and medical data and image management services.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. Atria may disclose your Personal Information to a potential or actual buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Atria’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Atria about our Platform users is among the assets transferred.
- Legal Obligation. We may use your information, including your Personal Information, to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request. We may also use your information if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect and defend our rights, property, or assets.
- Other Purposes. We may use your information for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify an individual, without restriction.
5. Third-Party Platforms
6. How To Access Your Personal Information
We encourage you to keep your information updated and accurate. You may access or update your Personal Information through the iOS mobile Platform at www.Atria.org/privacy#contact. You may also review and update your Personal Information by contacting us at:
Attn: Atria Health, LLC
40 W. 57th St, 24th Fl
New York, NY 10019
7. Choices About How We Use And Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information we collect about you. We have created the following mechanisms to provide you with control over your information:
- Opt-Out From Marketing Communication. You can opt out of receiving one of our e-mails by following the instructions for unsubscribing contained in the e-mails or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org and asking to be removed from the mailing list. Please allow us ten (10) business days from when the request was received to complete the removal. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from commercial e-mail messages, we may still e-mail you non-commercial (transactional) e-mails related to your account and your transactions via the Platform.
- Location Information. You may choose whether or not to allow the Platform to collect and use information about your device’s location. You may disable this setting within the settings of your device. However, if you block the use of location information, some parts of the Platform may become inaccessible or limited in function.
- Push Notification Opt-Out. If you no longer wish to receive push notifications, you may opt out by turning them off within the settings of your device or by deleting the Platform. Opting out of push notifications may impact the functionality of our services.
- Third-Party Mobile Applications. You may choose whether or not to share health-related information between Atria and other third-party mobile applications. You may disable this setting anytime within the settings of the other third-party mobile applications, or where Atria is sharing such information, within the settings on the iOS mobile Platform.
8. Do Not Track
Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Because there is not yet an accepted standard for how to respond to Do Not Track signals, our Platform does not currently respond to such signals. If you want to restrict ads in general on your devices, you may opt out from ad tracking by enabling “Limit Ad Tracking” or “Opt Out of Ads Personalization” (as applicable to your device) in your device settings.
9. Data Security
We have implemented appropriate physical, technical, and managerial safeguards to protect and secure your information. Unfortunately, transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Atria. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk.
Where Atria has provided you with a password that enables you to access our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone who does not have authorized access to your Platform account. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password information and limiting access to your mobile device to unauthorized parties.
If you have reason to believe that your Personal Information is no longer secure or if you have any questions about the security of our Platform, please notify contact us at the e-mail address provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
10. Data Retention
We will retain Personal Information collected from you only as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which we have initially collected it, unless otherwise required by law. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different services, actual retention periods can vary.
When determining the retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of services requested by or provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, the impact on the services we provide if we delete some Personal Information from or about you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law.
11. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 18 years of age, and no part of the Platform is directed to children under the age of 18. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you must contact us at the e-mail address provided in the “Contact Us” section below. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 18, then we will promptly take steps to delete such information.
13. Contact Us
Atria Health, LLC
40 W. 57th St, 24th Fl
New York, NY 10019